What is Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (AHP®)?
AHP® is a patented synergistic blend of commonly used, safe ingredients that when combined with low levels of hydrogen peroxide dramatically increase its germicidal potency and cleaning performance.
AHP® is composed of Hydrogen Peroxide, Surface Acting Agents (surfactants), wetting agents (a substance that reduces the surface tension of a liquid, causing the liquid to spread across or penetrate more easily the surface of a solid) & chelating agents (a substance that helps to reduce metal content and/or hardness of water). The ingredients are all listed on the EPA and Health Canada Inerts lists and the FDA Generally Regarded as Safe List (GRAS). All chemicals used in the formulation of AHP® are commonly found in commercial and industrial cleaners and disinfectants.
It has long been known that hydrogen peroxide can kill germs without being harmful to the user. However, up to now, this remarkable chemical has not been considered stable enough to be practical as the foundation for a system of commercial disinfectant cleaners. Virox Technologies Inc. has pioneered the broader acceptance of Hydrogen Peroxide based products with this patented technology known as Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (AHP®). AHP® is a synergistic blend of commonly used, safe ingredients that when combined with low levels of hydrogen peroxide produce exceptional potency as germicide and performance as a cleaner. The benefits and efficacy of AHP® have been validated by third party clinical studies conducted by scientific organizations and third party researchers that are recognized by government regulatory agencies in Canada, the U.S and Europe.
5 Pillars of Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide®:
Faster, Cleaner, Responsible, Sustainable and Compatible
Selecting the ideal disinfectant requires more than just focusing on what the product kills. Decision makers tend to focus on five key criteria when selecting a product: Cleaning Efficiency, Germicidal Activity, Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Impact and Material Compatibility. AHP® formulations have been designed with these criteria in mind.
- FASTER: Superior speed of disinfection, proven to deliver superior kill performance with contact times that are 50% faster against a broad-spectrum of organisms.
- CLEANER: One-Step Disinfectant Cleaners with powerful surfactants (detergents) simplifying sanitation of environments saving time and money.
- RESPONSIBLE: In-Use Solutions were designed to be essentially non-toxic and non-irritating, which provides assurance that is easier on users.
- SUSTAINABLE: Hydrogen peroxide breaks down into water and oxygen reducing environmental impact and improving the working environment.
- COMPATIBLE: Designed to be compatible with a wide range of materials, protecting your investments by reducing corrosion and wear.