The Virox Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization Symposium
In line with our mandate to provide educational opportunities to the infection control community. Since 2010 Virox has partnered with IPAC-Canada to sponsor a pre conference day on cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
IPAC Canada 2014 - Virox Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization Day
- Developing a Training Program for Ethylene Oxide Sterilizers (EVS)
- Louise Buelow- Smith BSc RN, St. Boniface Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba & Michelle Macrae, St. Boniface Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Disinfection and Sterilization in the Community
- Risa Cashmore RN BSc CIC CCHN(C), Public Health Ontario -- Simcoe-Muskoka Infection Control Network, Orillia, Ontario
- Sterilization: Automated Endoscope Reprocessor (AER) and Sterilizers
- Linda Kingsbury RN BScN, Burnaby, British Columbia & Linda Jakeman CRCST, DHSA, West Porters Lake, Nova Scotia
- What Have we Learned from Reprocessing Factors?
- Susy Hota MD, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
- Cleaning the Medical Devices Reprocessing Department (MDRD) Way: Training and Setting Staff Competencies
- Merlee Steele Rodway RN CERT, Eastern Health, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland Labrador
- Decontamination of High-Touch Environmental Surfaces (HTES): How Crucial is Wiping in Reducing the Pathogen Load?
- Syed Sattar PhD, Professor Emeritus, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
CHICA Canada 2012 - Virox Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization Day
Sponsored by Virox
- Green and Clean - Is the concept mutually exclusive?
- Shyam Remrekha, EcoLogo, Ottawa
- The Role of the Environment in the Spread of Pathogens
- Syed A. Sattar BSc MSc Dip.Bact PhD, Centre for Research on Environmental Microbiology (CREM), Professor Emeritus of Microbiology, University of Ottawa
- Environmental Service Quality Assurance Programs
- Mark Heller, Former VP Environmental Services, Alberta Health Services
- The Pros and Cons of Alternative Disinfection Technologies for Room Decontamination
- Dick Zoutman MD FRCPC, Quinte Health Care, Belleville, Ontario
- Antimicrobial Stuff: Coatings, surfaces and soaps
- Jim Hutchinson MD FRCPC, Vancouver Health Authority, Vancouver, BC
- Pandora's Box of Challenging Organisms
- Elizabeth Bryce MD FRCPC, Vancouver Health Authority, Vancouver, BC
- Biofilms and Their Role in Infection Transmission
- Michelle Alfa PhD FCCM, St. Boniface General Hospital, Winnipeg